Afghan refugees continue to stream into Nimroz province to enter Iran
Update: March 19, 2022 01:52 STI
Kabul [Afghanistan]March 19 (ANI): After the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, there is a mass exodus of Afghans, who seek to illegally cross the border into neighboring Iran from Nimroz province.
Accommodation places for travelers in the western province of Herat are overwhelmed with hundreds of Afghans, Tolo News reported.
As Afghanistan grapples with a deteriorating economy, thousands of young people seek to leave the country in a bid to find jobs and make ends meet.
One of the Afghans, Abdul Aziz, a resident of Faryab who came to Herat to find a human trafficker was interviewed by Tolo News said: “I have to go. If it was not necessary, I never wanted.”
There were many children among the passengers. Some of those people were traveling to Pakistan and from there to Iran, Tolo News reported.
There were also many educated people among the passengers who became unemployed after the fall of the former government.
Meanwhile, lodge owners in Iran’s Herat province are pleased with the gains made by Afghan refugees.
“Our business is doing better now than before because people are coming from other provinces to go to Iran. Only 30% of them have visas and the remaining 70% are using illegal means,” said Ferozuddin, owner of an inn. (ANI)