Election headquarters announces health protocols
TEHRAN – The Iranian election headquarters briefing committee on Monday announced the required health protocols approved by the National Coronavirus Headquarters (NHCC).
The protocols state that electoral rallies, speeches, discussions and debates in closed places such as mosques, meeting rooms, reception halls and sports halls are prohibited.
It also states that outdoor rallies are allowed provided the following conditions are met:
1. There should be a distance of 8 square meters between the fans.
2. Only 30% of a space is allowed to be filled.
3. All rally participants and organizers must wear masks at all times.
4. Rallies should not last more than 2 hours.
5. All health and safety protocols announced before must be followed throughout the rallies.
According to the announcement, any meeting behind closed doors is prohibited.
Hosting ceremonies for candidates, launching advertising carnivals, etc. are strictly prohibited.
He also asks state television to hold debates and devote most of its time to broadcasting election campaigns, including candidates’ projects.
He also calls on the Ministry of Communications to give all Iranians free internet access to track candidates in cyberspace. Thus, the ministry gives each person 7 gigabytes of free Internet.
The presidential elections will take place on June 18.
Candidates whose competence is confirmed by the Council of Guardians launch campaigns. The names of confirmed candidates are expected to be released on Tuesday afternoon.
SA / PA