Iran refutes claim over sale of drones for use in Ukraine war – Reuters
Iran’s UN mission issued a statement on October 12 to clarify the country’s position on the situation in Ukraine.
The declaration is as follows:
In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Merciful;
1. Since the beginning of the crisis in Ukraine, the Islamic Republic of Iran has adopted a clear, consistent and unwavering position, emphasizing that all United Nations Member States must fully respect the purposes and principles enshrined in the Charter of Nations United Nations as well as in international conventions. right, including sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity.
2. As a country that has been confronted and affected by the devastation caused by an imposed war, the Islamic Republic of Iran opposes any conflict or war anywhere in the world.
3. The Islamic Republic of Iran has always supported peace and an end to the conflict in Ukraine and urged the parties to exercise restraint, avoid escalating tensions and engage in a meaningful process to address to the root causes of the situation and settle their differences by peaceful means. . He also urged the parties to uphold their obligations under international humanitarian law and to consult to protect civilians and critical infrastructure from military targets or attacks.
4. At the same time, the Islamic Republic of Iran has also rejected any political isolation, unilateral sanctions or pressures, as well as any provocative measures which would only aggravate the situation and make a peaceful settlement more difficult. Likewise, the West’s heavy military support for Ukraine could not be aimed at ending the war, but rather at aggravating the conflict and increasing the damage and destruction.
5. The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the ongoing efforts of the United Nations to find a peaceful solution to this conflict. The United Nations must demonstrate objectivity and impartiality in order to play a responsible and constructive role in the political settlement of the Ukrainian conflict. Any action taken by the United Nations should genuinely contribute to calming the situation and resolving the conflict, rather than intensifying it and exacerbating the confrontation.
6. The Islamic Republic of Iran categorically rejects and strongly condemns the baseless and baseless allegations that it sold unmanned aerial vehicles for use in the conflict in Ukraine. Such baseless claims, which are based solely on false flags and fabricated assumptions, are nothing more than a propaganda device launched by some states to advance their political agenda. In this regard, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, in good faith and consistent with its constructive approach to the Ukrainian crisis, stands ready to constructively engage in joint technical and expert cooperation to clarify baseless accusations against Iran.
7. The Islamic Republic of Iran emphasizes that all of its arms exports have been carried out in full compliance with its relevant commitments under international law and applicable rules and regulations governing the international trade in conventional arms.
8. The Islamic Republic of Iran will continue its constructive engagement to contribute to the peaceful resolution of this crisis.