The Ministry of the Economy supports a housing project of one million
TEHRAN- The Deputy Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs announced the ministry’s support for the implementation of a million housing project.
Speaking at a meeting of the annual general assembly of the Interim Housing Sector Bank, Abbas Memarnejad, Deputy Minister of Banking, Insurance and Public Enterprises, underlined the support of the Minister of Finance and of economic affairs as well as of the general manager of the mentioned bank. to keep the promise to build a million homes per year.
He said that the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs as well as the Ministry of Transport and Urban Development and the Planning and Budget Organization will certainly support this bank for the materialization of the mentioned project.
On Monday, the Minister of Transport and Urban Development, Rostam Qasemi, announced that the first stage of the implementation of the one million housing project would be completed within two weeks.
The minister said that in the next two weeks, good news will be announced regarding the government’s housing program, which is the practical step to start construction of the houses.
“We have no problem with the land issue, and this strategic decision by the Ministry of Transportation and Urban Development to establish a land bank is envisioned in a two-month plan that allocates a large portion of the land for our land goals. four years in the housing sector, ”he explained.
It was then that last week the deputy director of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture (TCCIMA) said the lack of infrastructure makes the housing project a million of dollars a challenge.
Mohammad Atabak believes that from the point of view of supplying the required materials, the implementation of the annual construction plan of one million houses is possible and feasible, but the lack of infrastructure such as water, electricity and gas is likely to pose a serious challenge to this project.
The production of building materials can certainly meet the need to build that number of houses per year, but not in a situation where power outages have left cement and steel factories breathless, he said. note.
He indicated that if the weakness of infrastructure, especially in the field of energy supply (gas and electricity), is not eliminated, the implementation of this project will probably be called into question.
The deputy speaker of parliament recently said that by using the land, facilities and capacity of the private sector, it is possible to build a million homes in the country.
Speaking in a TV interview on August 29, Ali Nikzad referred to the plan to increase housing construction and said MPs presented the plan to parliament, which became law yesterday.
He went on to stress that this plan is very progressive; in this plan, the land issue and the transfer of state land to the Ministry of Transport and Town Planning were accelerated.
In addition, the deputy head of the Iranian Mass Construction Association, Iraj Rahbar, recently said that the country’s contractors are able to build a million homes per year if the necessary finance and land are provided.
Mentioning a plan for the construction of one million affordable housing units per year by the new government, Rahbar said: Housing units per year will be easily possible.
The official noted that over the past three years, many efforts have been made to allocate the necessary land for housing projects, including the National Housing Action Plan, to the Ministry of Transport and Urban Development, but the land was not provided as needed.
Rahbar further pointed out that there are different ways of attracting financial resources for housing construction projects, including using the potentials of the private sector.
In early August, Mahmoud Mahmoudzadeh, Deputy Minister of Transport and Urban Development, announced that planning had been done and preparations had been made to start building 1.3 million affordable housing units across the country.
Mahmoudzadeh said the required regulations have been prepared and facilities have been created to provide land for the housing units mentioned by the next government.
“With the measures taken, the conditions are more favorable for the new government to start work,” he noted.
Launched in winter 2018, the National Housing Action Plan aims to build 400,000 small and medium-sized apartments (70 to 100 square meters) across the country and in particular in Tehran, where housing prices have risen. most strongly increased.
Almost half of the total number of such houses will be built in Tehran’s “new towns” such as Parand and Pardis, located to the west and east of the city, respectively.
Last March, former Minister of Transport Mohammad Eslami announced that 510,000 housing units would be provided to applicants under the National Housing Action Plan during the current year.
At the beginning of September 2019, the registration of the National Housing Action Plan was launched from the province of Kerman. The second round of registration began in ten other provinces in November of the same year.
The candidates from the provinces of Sistan-Baluchestan, Qom, North Khorasan and South Khorasan registered first and those from Kordestan, Kohgiluyeh-Boyerahmad and Golestan reached the second stage, while those from the provinces from Chaharmahal-Bakhtiari, Hamedan and Yazd have reached the third stage.